Application security is the complex process of making applications more secure by identifying, fixing and improving the security of these apps. This discipline of tools, processes and practices aims to help organizations protect all types of applications, such as desktop, mobile and microservices, used by both external and internal stakeholders like employees, business partners and customers. At Vaultes, we offer our clients comprehensive application security testing to secure the applications that help drive and grow your business.
Importance Of Application Security
Today, you can find most applications available over a wide range of networks and oftentimes, connected to the cloud. While this technology can be highly useful if used as intended, the rise of cybercriminals has resulted in an uptick in security threats and data breaches. Through professional application security testing services, you can reveal potential weaknesses that may exist at the application level. Using this information, businesses can take the proper precautionary measures to protect against harmful cyber-attacks. If your business works with any types of apps, application security testing can be an invaluable tool.
Types Of Application Security
There are several types of application security features, including the following:
- Authentication – This feature ensures that only authorized users are able to gain access to the application. This is often accomplished by requiring the user to input a username and password when logging in.
- Authorization – Once authenticated, a user can be authorized to access and use an application. To validate each user, the system compares the user’s identity to the stored list of authorized users.
- Encryption – After the user begins using the application, certain security measures are implemented to prevent cybercriminals from gaining access to sensitive information. This is achieved by encrypting the information.
- Logging – Logging can help identify who was able to gain access to an application and how, if a security breach was to occur. Log files have time stamps and state who accessed the app and which aspects they accessed.
- Security Testing – Testing of an application’s security is an essential process that helps ensure that all security controls are working as they should.
Speak To The Cyber Security Experts
Application security testing is an important process that helps protect data and maintains its intended functionality. Without these tests, you leave your applications open to certain security risks. For more information about application security, contact us online or call 202.816.6658 today.